|By Jeremy Geelan||
|September 28, 2009 08:00 AM EDT||
SYS-CON Events announces that Jill Tummler Singer, Deputy Chief Information Officer at the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), will be delivering the opening keynote at the 1st Annual Government Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com) on October 6th in Washington DC.
Sponsor & Exhibit at 1st Annual Government IT Expo!
Register Today and Save!
Ms Singer was appointed in November 2006 and is responsible for ensuring CIA has the information, technology, and infrastructure necessary to effectively execute its missions. Prior to her appointment as Deputy CIO, Ms. Singer served as the Director of the Diplomatic Telecommunications Service (DTS), United States Department of State, and was responsible for global network services to US foreign missions.
GovITExpo builds on the success of SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo, the fastest-growing conference anywhere in the world devoted to the delivery of massively scalable IT as a service using Internet technologies. Data storage, security and software services are among the major themes of the technical program, which offers breakout sessions divided into three parallel tracks covering
Service Oriented Architecture
Security & Compliance
Breakout Sessions To Be Given by GovIT Expo's Distinguished Speaker Faculty on October 6, 2009 include:
Authoritative Decision-Making Information via SOA and Governance
Mark Krzysko - Assistant Deputy Under Secretary of Defense, US Departement of Defense
– This session will explore the change in the Department of Defense's management of its Major Defense Acquisition Program (MDAP) and the combination of Departmental and data governance with SOA to improve program oversight data.
Cloud Computing & Federal IT - What Does the Future Hold?
Bob Gourley - Former CTO of the Defense Itelligence Agency (DIA)
– In this fast-moving Power Panel, Bob Gourley, conference chairman Jeremy Geelan, and other top federal agency executives will review and discuss the shape of things to come.
Cloud Data Governance – Addressing Data Privacy, Residency, and Security When Adopting the Cloud
Terry Woloszyn - CEO/CTO, PerspecSys
– This session will discuss the issues related to Data Privacy, Residency, and Security in the cloud, and compare some of the approaches and strategies organizations are taking to allow them to adopt the cloud, yet retain the control of their sensitive data.
Strategy Considerations for Collaboration in the Cloud
Ross Chevalier - President, Novell Canada
– This session will discuss best practices for implementing a secure on-premise and cloud deployment mix, challenges organizations should anticipate when shifting to the cloud.
Slicing and Dicing: Virtualization Technologies for Cloud Computing
Dr. Harry Foxwell - Chief Technologist, Sun Microsystems Federal
– This session will review and discuss the benefits and trade-offs of applying the various virtualization techniques within the cloud.
Cloud Standards: Steady Growth or Moving Target?
Kyle Gabhart - SOA Solutions Director, Web Age Solutions
– This session will explore the subject of Cloud Standards. Do they exist? Can we trust them? Are we building our enterprise solutions on mere vapors?
What's Missing in VDI-Based Disaster Recovery?
Paul Hahn - Director of Technical Solutions, Tranxition
– This session will examine emerging technologies and best practices for managing users' personalized environments when VDI is used for continuing operations.
Tactical Cloud Computing
Kevin L. Jackson - Director Business Development, Dataline, LLC
– This session will explore how defense, homeland security and law enforcement organizations are looking to leverage this new and exciting IT capability.
Trusted Identities Realization for Government
Naval Khosla - Program Manager for Government Industry Solutions, IBM
– This session will discuss threat and fraud in the everyday business environment and the exploration of the IBM initiative for Trusted Identities Realization for Government.
Protect Your Government Agency with Backend IT Controls
Philip Lieberman - Founder and President, Lieberman Software
– This session will discuss how government IT departments can establish the key elements of the security foundation with minimal disruption to the computing infrastructure.
SOA and Cloud: Achieving the Agility Double Play
Eric Marks - Founder, President and CEO, AgilePath
– This session will present a framework for driving SOA initiatives into Cloud such that you can actually achieve a double play of business benefits from both.
SOA - The Delicate Balancing Act
JP Morgenthal - Senior Principal Analyst, QinetiQ North America
– This session will present use cases that illustrate key forks in the road for an SOA project and the impacts of taking each fork.
The Growth of Government Clouds
Scott Ryan - CEO, Asankya
– This session will address the technology behind cloud acceleration and the methods to deployment within the federal space.
Accessing Public Data via the Cloud
Omer Trajman - Direct of Cloud & Virtualization, Vertica
– This session will demonstrate how government organizations can offer public data sets cost effectively yet create tremendous impact in the private sector.
IT Baselining: The Foundation of Effective IT Compliance
Walker White - VP of Technology, BDNA
– This session will cover strategies and practices for successful IT baselining and show how government agencies have addressed IT compliance in effective ways.
Un-Clouding FISMA Security Compliance
Eric Greenberg - VP of Security & Risk Solutions, Integralis
– This session will address the significant challenges to embracing the cloud with the goal of security and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance.
Managing the Transition to Net-centricity with Open Source SOA Road Maps
Robert J. Williams Jr - Chief Enterprise Architect, Maxworks
– This session will discuss the Open Source SOA Roadmap and how to create a concrete transition action plan which delivers tangible business value.
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- The Five Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- The Next Chapter in the Virtualization Story Begins
- 4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo Starts Today
- CIA was Headed to an Enterprise Cloud All Along: Jill Tummler Singer
- Deputy CIO of the CIA to Keynote 1st Annual GovIT Expo
- 5th Cloud Expo in New York: Themes & Topics
- Managing Cloud Infrastructure at Cloud Expo 2011 New York
- Nick Carr's Cloud-Network Disconnect
- "Private Clouds Cut Costs of Internal IT," Says Univa CEO