|By Maureen O'Gara||
|November 30, 2010 08:15 AM EST||
Abiquo, the enterprise cloud management house, has raised approximately $10 million in Series B funding led by Balderton Capital Partners, the early- stage VC that backed MySQL.
Business Objects founder Bernard Liautaud is a partner there now and will join Abiquo’s board.
Existing investors Nauta Capital and Eurecan also participated.
The funding will be used to expand Abiquo’s global sales and marketing efforts, customer support and senior team.
Abiquo’s software is supposed to let the enterprises and service providers extend virtualized environments and create and manage private, public and hybrid clouds through a “single pane of glass.” The stuff, which is supposed to save users money, combines autonomous virtual enterprises with global infrastructure management and business policy.
Abiquo CEO Pete Malcolm gave the Day 3 keynote at 7th Cloud Expo in Nov 2010
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- The Five Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- The Next Chapter in the Virtualization Story Begins
- 4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo Starts Today
- CIA was Headed to an Enterprise Cloud All Along: Jill Tummler Singer
- Deputy CIO of the CIA to Keynote 1st Annual GovIT Expo
- 5th Cloud Expo in New York: Themes & Topics
- Managing Cloud Infrastructure at Cloud Expo 2011 New York
- Nick Carr's Cloud-Network Disconnect
- "Private Clouds Cut Costs of Internal IT," Says Univa CEO